Institute of Physics Sri Lanka conducts a Foundation course in Physics covering the G.C.E Advanced Level Physics syllabus. Successful completion of this course is accepted as a pass in G.C.E (A/L) Physics subject when enrolling in some Degree programmes.
- Those who lack pass in G.C.E (A/L) Physics subject seeking University admission
- Students following G.C.E. (A/L) in science (English/Sinhala Medium) as a supportive/ revision course for the Physics subject.
- Anyone interested to gain knowledge in Physics
Accepted Degree programs as pass in G.C.E. (A/L) Physics:
- The Open University of Sri Lanka- B.Sc. in Natural Sciences
- Rajarata University of Sri Lanka- B.Sc. in Applied Science External Degree Programme
- University of Colombo- Electronics and Automation Technologies External Degree Programme
- Qualification to request exemption for any other local and foreign Degre programes for G.C.E (A/L) physics.
Eligibility for Admission:
- Six passes, including Science and Mathematics, in local or Cambridge/Edexcel (O/L) examinations or (Students pending on results may also apply)
- Secured an equivalent or higher qualification acceptable to the Council of the Institute of Physics, Sri Lanka.
Application process: Send a completed application downloaded from the web site www.ipsl.lk with a self addressed stamped envelope to reach the following address:
Institute of Physics Sri Lanka
Vidya Mandiraya 120/10,
The course is designed based on the G.C.E.(A/L) local syllabus including Practicals along with field visits to Research Institutions.
University Academics and Scientists in Research Institutions
The medium of Instruction:
Bilingual (English and Sinhala)
Duration: One year
Fees: LKR 30,000
Closing date of Application: 31st October 2022
For more information contact:
Course Coordinator: 0718174739